2019 document updates will be provided closer to race date.
FROSTED FAT BIKE RELAY RACE DAY DETAILS:
• Sunday, January 20th 2019
• This a team relay race in Southwest Michigan on a ½ mile, groomed, flat track.
The track is located in “The Pit”14791 Hoffman Road, Michigan 49093
RACE ONE will begin first with a 8:30am start time WITH A MEN'S AND WOMEN'S DIVISION. 4 rider teams will race 100 laps for 50miles on the same ½• mile course. (limited to the first 40 teams.)
• RACE TWO will race begin after Race One at approximately 2:00pm WITH MEN'S, WOMEN'S, AND CO-ED DIVISIONS. 4 rider teams will race 50 laps for 25 miles around the ½ mile track. That’s only 6.25 miles per rider. *Coed teams must have at least 1 member of the opposite sex represented. (Maximum of 40 teams)
•Race categories within the 25 Mile (50 Lap) event may be merged. This decision will be based on registered category participation levels as of December 23, 2018.
• When the race begins, your team will make exchanges by slapping hands to switch racers in the designated exchange areas. Each racer will have a chip on their number plate to count their team’s laps.
• We ask that you try to dress in the same kit, or colors to help the spectators follow the lead teams. We will also attempt to hold up signs of the leading teams from 1st to last.
• Race will be announced by Brian McDaniel of Mac’s Sports Timing.
• Cost is $200.00 per team, or $50 per rider. Register as an individual, naming your team during the registration process.
• Following the races, we will crown the champions, at the post race celebration. 1st, 2nd and 3rdPlace Teams in the Women’s, Coed and Men’s divisions will receive our signature Frosted Fat Tire Trophy, one for each rider of the winning relay team. Race categories within the 25 Mile (50 Lap) event may be merged. This decision will be based on registered category participation levels as of December 23, 2018.
• Will this be more fun for the Racers or the Spectators? Whatever the case, this won’t be a candle party! Be sure to dress for the day's elements .
• A pole building with portable heaters will be used as The Frosted Pit Fat Bike Relay headquarters. Affordable Solutions will provide race day warming sheds, Clark Logic will be bringing insulated warming containers and a couple warming fires will be strategically placed near the race area for riders and spectators. Teams are encouraged to bring team tents for protection from the elements, warmth and training bike set up. (Electricity will not be provided for portable heating devices.)
• The Post Race Celebration will have a DJ. Food and beverages will be provided for participants and available for spectators.
• Will this be more fun for the Racers or the Spectators? Whatever the case, this won’t be a candle party! Be sure to dress for the days elements.
• Avoid race day stress and travel, stay with a River Country Tourism Lodger and receive a $20.00 discount with the PROMO CODE FFT2019
1. Fat bikes must be equipped with a minimum of 3.7 inch width tires.
2. YES…YOU CAN SHARE BIKES!
3. No regulations on how bikes are equipped, but only Fat Bikes allowed.
4. No E-Bike