FROSTED FAT BIKE RELAY RACE DAY DETAILS:
• Saturday, January 20th 2018
• Women & Coed* will race first, beginning at 10:00am. 4 rider teams, will race 50 laps for 25 miles around the ½ mile track. That’s only 6.25 miles per rider. *Coed teams must have at least 1 member of the opposite sex represented. (Maximum of 40 teams)
• Men will begin after the women finish at approximately 1:30pm. 4 man teams will race 100 laps for 50 miles on the same ½ mile course. Yes, that is only 12.5 miles per man. (The men’s race will be limited to the first 40 teams.)
• When the race begins, your team will make exchanges by slapping hands to switch racers in the designated exchange areas. Each racer will have a chip on their number plate to count their team’s laps.
• We ask that you try to dress in the same kit, or colors to help the spectators follow the lead teams. We will also attempt to hold up signs of the leading teams from 1st to last.
• Race will be professionally announced by Frankie Andreu, sponsored by Clark Logic.
• Cost is $200.00 per team, or $50 per rider. Register as an individual, naming your team during the registration process.
• Following the races, we will crown the champions, at the post race celebration. 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Teams in the Women’s, Coed and Men’s divisions will receive our signature Frosted Fat Tire Trophy, one for each rider of the winning relay team.
• Will this be more fun for the Racers or the Spectators? Whatever the case, this won’t be a candle party! Be sure to dress for the day's elements
• A pole building with portable heaters will be used as The Frosted Pit Fat Bike Relay headquarters. Affordable Solutions will provide race day warming sheds, Clark Logic will be bringing insulated warming containers and a couple warming fires will be strategically placed near the race area for riders and spectators. Teams are encouraged to bring team tents for protection from the elements,
warmth and training bike set up. (Electricity will not be provided for portable heating devices.)
• The Post Race Celebration will have a DJ, and food and beverages will be provide.
• Will this be more fun for the Racers or the Spectators? Whatever the case, this won’t be a candle party! Be sure to dress for the days elements.
• Avoid race day stress and travel, stay with a River Country Tourism Lodger and receive a $20.00 discount with the PROMO CODE FFT2018
1. Fat bikes must be equipped with a minimum of 3.7 inch width tires.
2. YES…YOU CAN SHARE BIKES!
3. No regulations on how bikes are equipped, but only Fat Bikes allowed.
4. No E-Bikes.